Also known as the Independence Monument.
Built in 1958 and designed by the renowned Cambodian architect, Vann Molyvann, to celebrate Cambodia’s independence from the French (1953).
It is in the form of a lotus-shaped stupa, of the style seen at the great Khmer temple at Angkor Wat and other Khmer historical sites. It is adorned with nagas or the seven-headed snakes. The above photo was taken from south of Norodom Boulevard.